Brincks Exteriors offers rubber roofing which is ideal for flat or low-pitch roofs. We use only the best rubber roofing material in the industry today. It is manufactured by Firestone Roofing – Firestone Building Products, they are the leading manufacturer of high performing Roofing Systems for commercial, industrial and residential roofing applications. Since 1980, Firestone Roofing Systems have been installed on hundreds of thousands of roofs worldwide.
There are drawbacks to using asphalt shingles on a flat or low-pitch roof. Shingles require the help of gravity to create a seal against leaks. With a flatter roof, gravity’s influence isn’t enough to do the job. To help reduce leaks in flatter roofs and create an impenetrable seal, roofing materials made of rubber or PVC plastic is used. This is often referred to as rubber roofing.
Benefits of Rubber Roofing
Rubber roofing is ideal for low-sloping or flat roofs because the single-ply synthetic membrane is durable, pliable, and waterproof. It is ideal where asphalt shingles don’t perform well. Rubber roofing can be done on the top of existing shingles. A layer of foam can be installed over the top of the existing roof which serves as insulation. The entire surface is then covered with the waterproof membrane. It also reflects heat and sun away from the roof. This will save on your cooling costs.
Brincks Exteriors and Firestone Roofing Products offers a variety of installation systems, making it easy to install on even the most challenging rooftops.
Rubber Roofing Systems
- Ballasted System: The Ballasted System is an economical roofing system that is suitable for a wide variety of buildings. It can be applied on any building that can accommodate the extra load of the ballast.
- Inverted System: This system is ideal for roofs with regular traffic or in severe weather climates.
- Fully Adhered System: This is a lightweight system that is suitable for contoured roofs, roofs with irregular shape and any roof with limited load bearing capacity.
- Reinforced Mechanically Attached System: This is a lightweight, non-penetrating mechanically attached system.
- Batten-In-Seam System: This is a lightweight system for roofs where the roof deck is suitable for mechanical attachment and where smaller panels are preferred.
- Mechanically Attached System: This system is installed in case of unusual roof configurations or roofs with a lot of penetrations and obstructions.
- Photovoltalc Roofing System: The Firestone RubberGard EPDM Roofing Systems can be combined with any type of photovoltaic system.
- Green Roofing System: This system uses lightweight and low maintenance vegetation and can be combined with a RubberGard EPDM Roofing System.
The Firestone RubberGard EPDM has been installed worldwide, from the cold climates of Alaska to the desert of the Arabian Gulf. The performance record has made this product a global leading manufacturer of EPDM rubber membranes.