- Remove debris, nests, and leaves from gutters to prevent water accumulation and blockage.
- Make sure gutters are securely fastened. Replace or tighten loose and sagging gutters.
- Look for missing, warped or damaged shingles. Get them replaced to prevent water leaks and further damage.
- Check the chimney, walls and the vent pipes for water leaks. If water penetrates these areas, seal joints with caulk or roofing cement.
- If gutters are broken or separating, Brincks Exteriors offers gutter replacement to keep water from leaking into your basement.
- Check the siding for cracks and separations. Seal any leak spots with caulk compound. If you notice blistering or peeling siding, contact a professional to assess the damages.
- Look for animals like mice, termites, and squirrels in between the siding. Address these problems with a professional to prevent further damage.
Contact Brincks Exteriors if you’re ready to get your home winter-ready. We provide quality siding, gutters, windows and roofing for residential and commercial projects in Iowa, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.