For those dealing with storm damage in their homes, insurance can be a wonderful thing. But often, dealing with insurance companies is no easy task. Policyholders dealing with disasters have enough to worry about without having to wait long periods of time just to get straight answers from insurance companies about whether or not the damage is covered. This can be a pain if you are also dealing with fixing the actual damage and making your home livable again. The last thing that you want is to have to wait days or weeks just to have your home repaired and move back in or resume normal living processes.
If you choose Brincks Exteriors in Iowa for your exterior home storm damage repair, we are here to help you deal with your insurance company and negotiate what damage and repairs are covered by insurance.
How to Deal with Your Insurance Company after Storm Damage
There are several things to remember when you are dealing with your insurance company after your home has suffered serious storm damage. Follow these tips for minimal hassle when discussing storm damage coverage with your insurance company:
- Make a Plan: This step should be done before you even purchase storm damage insurance. Determine how all of the different processes work with your insurer of choice. This gives you an idea of what will happen when an emergency strikes.
- Keep Records in Writing: Being certain that you have all agreements in writing will prevent misunderstandings and will make it much easier to communicate without confusion later on, when discussing coverage and claims.
- Organize Documents Beforehand: Once you have everything that you need in writing (including all necessary official documents), making sure that the documents are safe, organized, and accessible will make the entire process go smoother. A list of possessions in your home is also helpful to have during disasters.
- Have an Understanding of Limits: Having a basic knowledge of your coverage and limits can make it easier for you to choose the right repair and replacement services after any hail damage.
- Regularly Inspect Home Conditions: Knowing what state your home was in beforehand can help you define the extent of the storm damage. Also, examine neighbors homes to see if the damage matches up at all – this can help to make your case more solid.
- Discuss Insurance with Agent: Developing a relationship with your agent can make it much easier to get in contact with them right away when you need it most. Keep contacting your insurance company to make sure that they get back to you.
These are some of the steps that you can take to make your life easier when storms hit. Contact Brincks today to learn more about the storm damage repair services that we offer for your roofing, siding, windows, and gutters and about how we work with your insurance company. We are proud to serve the states of Iowa and Nebraska.
featured customer reviews
New Roof Looks Great
We hired Brincks Exteriors to install a new metal roof on our home. They got back to us very quickly to measure our roof and provide us with a quote. The crew was extremely friendly and the roof looks great. We’re very happy that we switched to metal! We highly recommend Brincks Exteriors!
Storm Damage Repair
We had a very bad hail storm that damaged our roof, windows, siding, and many other parts of our property. We called Brincks Exteriors for an estimate on roof repair, window replacements, and to fix damaged siding. Jason was able to provide us with a quote to fix all our issues and gave us different options…
Our office needed a new roof after a hail storm damaged to the point where we began to have roof leaks. After having a great experience, we hired them to redo a flat roof on one of our other office locations.